- Nijhuis Saur Industries
- Onderwijs / Onderzoek
- Type vacature
- Stage / Afstuderen
- Gewenste studierichting
- Water Technology, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, Urban Development
- Gewenste werkervaring
- 0 jaren
- Beschikbaar per
- Inigo De Eguren
Internships Technology & Innovation
As an intern from the Technology & Innovation department, you will take on challenging and important projects along with Process Design Engineers and R&D engineers.You will run a project with your supervisor and a larger team located in Doetinchem and/or other locations (if applicable).
Hereby a summary of different projects running in Nijhuis Saur industries (NSI) facilities. This is a general explanation to give an overview of topics addresses. If you have questions/proposals, don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.
1. Biological Treatment for the removal of nutrients: Operation of Lab scale biological reactors for Organic Matter and Nutrient removal. Analysis of the Reactors operation and modification if required. Analysis of the produced data for manufacturing design guidelines.
2. Chemical-free Nutrient Recovery from wastewater (using electrochemical systems): Run a lab-scale unit for Nutrient recovery. Data analysis to prepare comparisons with other existing technologies and for (possible) full-scale installations.
3. Green Chemicals – Safe and sustainable by design: To investigate the application of green chemicals in primary wastewater treatment by running different lab tests with several reagents and different sources of wastewater. Analyze the data produced to compare the performance of each chemical, its economic impact and make a CO2 reduction analysis.
4. Wastewater pilot – Operation & Research: Run a wastewater treatment pilot for paper mills wastewater. Training will be given for running the installation. To translate the pilot’s data into a final solution to the client(s). Work independently.
5. Circularity evaluation of technologies and solutions: Analyze Sustainable and circular projects for their implementation and acceptance in society. Driven by Reuse, Recover and Recycle to transform society’s problems into solutions given by NSI. Use LCA tools for evaluation technologies from a global approach.
6. Modelling – Update design and computation methods: Due to the fast changes in computation and the more and more challenging projects for waste(water) treatment, more advanced calculations and designs are required. The link between strong computation methods and operational tools is required.
In general, motivation and curiosity is the only requirement. Working in NSI will give you the space to grow in a specific topic and find out how a big organization works with very different departments and disciplines for one final goal: To implement optimal Water technology solutions for different industries and different requirements.
Preferably, Studies that can be combined with the above topics or related. You are an individual involved in Water Technology, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, Urban Development, or any discipline which can establish a synergy with our goals: Water technology, Resource Recovery, Bioenergy, CO2 footprint, Waste(water) management, Research and Process Design Engineering, among others.